POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shortest code contest addendum : Re: Shortest code contest addendum Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:34:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shortest code contest addendum
Date: 24 Jan 2002 09:37:06
Message: <l3605ugdqcd3lfvg9icts4tcp85gj3sis6@4ax.com>
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:21:28 -0500, "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)565### [at] aolcom>
wrote:
>    c) no #includes or #reads or #writes or #fopens are permitted.

so standard fonts are allowed ?

>    d) MAX size: 500 bytes (arbitrarily chosen as twice the size of one very
> competent sig file posted to news.povray.general.)

512 looks more "digitally" but no problem with 500 probably

>     d) your code pasted again, but this time with maximum use of tabs,
> spaces, and carriage returns so as to enable easy reading of what  you're
> doing.

it can be problem with some scenes, even unrolled they are cryptic, but ...

>     e) and any other comments you want to make about the image.

... here is place for explanations, good.

> HOW IT WILL RUN:
>
> 1) An 800 x 600 jpg of your pov file will be prepared.

do you guarantee any amount of memory ?
do you suggest to attach small image with preview to be sure what it shows ?

> 3) Participants will vote on their favorite five images (or some other
> criteria).  No one will know how many bytes are in the pov file during the
> judging!

I still don't understand this point. Code is subject of this contest. If I see
snail I can imagine he is made from sphere_sweeps. But when I look at the code
and found he is made from two boxes that's amazing.

>   c) GRAND PRIZE: most efficient (voting score / bytes of text SQUARED!).

hmmm

> 5) Contest submission deadline:
> February 28th, or the first instance that we have ten entries AFTER this
> date!

I have nearly finished mine first

ABX